Dr. Niaz Ahmed Khan
Professor of English/CommunicationDownload vCard
Dr. Khan is a graduate of Lambuth University, Jackson, Tenn., where he received his B.A. in English. He earned his master’s degree in English from Ohio University. Upon completion of his coursework there, he was appointed instructor of English at Lane College, Jackson, Tenn. While teaching at Lane College, he went on study leave to work on his Ph.D. degree in communication which he received from the University of Southern Mississippi.
During his teaching career, Khan has served as program coordinator for English and communication, divisional chair of General Studies, and departmental chair of the Department of Speech and Theatre Arts at different institutions. He also served as the newspaper advisor at several institutions. He has taught in Ohio, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia.
He was selected Teacher of the Year at Lane College and cited for teaching excellence by the Center for Teaching and Learning at Clark Atlanta University. Furthermore, Khan is an author of an English composition book, co-author of a speech textbook and author of countless articles in national and international journals, magazines, and newspapers. He was a columnist for the Tuscaloosa (Ala.) News and the New York Times Regional Wire Service.
He is currently writing a public speaking book, a research manual and revising his first book. For the last several years he has also been researching and presenting conference papers on the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Doctorate – communication – University of Southern Mississippi
- Master’s – English – Ohio University
- Bachelor’s – English – Lambuth University
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
- Teacher of the Year, Lane College, Jackson, Tenn.
- Outstanding Instructor, Center for the Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Clark Atlanta University
- Recipient, United Negro College Fund Fellowship
- Fellow, New York University
- Fellow, Scripps Howard Journalism Program
- Georgia and Carolinas College English Association