Dr. Richard Nicklas
Assistant Professor of Information TechnologyDownload vCard
Dr. Richard Nicklas is an assistant professor of information technology in the School of Science and Technology at Georgia Gwinnett College. He received a B.S. from Southern Illinois University, an M.B.A. from the University of Dallas, and an M.S. and Ph.D. from Arizona State University.
Prior to GGC, he taught software engineering and systems architecture at Hawaii Pacific University and management information systems at Tiffin University. Dr. Nicklas also has 20 years experience in industry as the director of IT at a multi-specialty medical center, a systems analyst and industrial engineer at American Express, and as a manufacturing technology engineer in the aerospace division at General Dynamics.
His primary academic interests include visual modeling of software, analysis and design of socio-technical systems, management of software projects and redesign of business processes.
- Doctorate – business administration – Arizona State University
- Master’s – decision and information systems – Arizona State University
- Master’s – management information systems – University of Dallas
- Bachelor’s – industrial technology – Southern Illinois University
- Visual software modeling
- Systems analysis and design
- Software project management
- Business process redesign