Dr. Ying Guo
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Dr. Ying Guo joined the GGC faculty in 2015 as an assistant professor of chemistry and biochemistry, and was promoted to associate professor in 2021. She received her Bachelor’s degree from Tsinghua University, majoring in chemistry. She continued her studies in biophysical chemistry as a graduate student at Yale University. Her doctoral research focused on the thermal properties of visual pigments with the aim to understand the molecular evolution mechanism in developing dim-light vision in vertebrate.
After four years of teaching at GGC, Guo became interested in using data analytics to provide insights into STEM education. As a result, she obtained her Master's degree in analytics from Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Doctorate – chemistry – Yale University
- Master’s – chemistry – Yale University
- Master's – analytics – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bachelor’s – chemistry – Tsinghua University
- Mechanism of dim-light vision and molecular evolution of visual pigments
- Data analytics
- Machine learning in STEM education
- Association for Computing Machinery
- National Association of Science Teachers
- Association of American Colleges and Universities