Research and Sponsored Programs is the central office committed to assisting full-time faculty and staff in their efforts to seek, secure and manage external funding.
Research and Sponsored Programs supports a robust and sustainable resource model, and provides guidance and oversight in the administration of public grants and sponsored programs through all stages of the award cycle by facilitating responsible stewardship of funds and sound management practices.
- Communicates timely information on funding opportunities and grant activities.
- Assists with pre-award activities
- Proposal-writing support
- Processing of proposals
- Submission of applications in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identifies and interprets sponsors’ guidelines and regulations.
- Facilitates authorized organizational representatives’ signatures on proposals and contracts.
- Assists with post-award activities
- Monitoring of grant expenditures
- Facilitation of no-cost extension
- Assistance with budget revisions.
- Coordinates the administration of funds with Budget and Planning.
- Monitors and submits reports.
- Develops and provides training on vital aspects of sponsored programs.
- Ensures compliance by developing, publicizing, and maintaining policies and procedures pertinent to the grant and award life cycle.