GGC promotes integrity, fairness and honesty. Adopting these values results in a healthy and safe college environment – both inside and outside of the classroom – that is at the core of a high-quality collegiate experience.
Code of Conduct
Students positively impact the campus by knowing their rights and responsibilities and by adhering to the Student Code of Conduct. Following these practices serve students now and in the future by preparing you for the ever-changing demands of a complex world.
We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate the actions of those who do.— GGC Honor Statement
Read more about the Student Code of Conduct and Honor Statement in the Student Handbook.
Main Areas of Misconduct
- Academic dishonesty
- Other acts of dishonesty
- Disorderly conduct
- Alcohol and other drug related misconduct
- Sexual assault and misconduct
- Theft, damage and disregard for property
- Fire safety and sanitation
- Unauthorized entry/use of college property
- Violations in Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE)
- Misuse/abuse/theft of computer time/services
- Interference with the student integrity process
- Violation of any other college policy
- Violation of law
- Being associated with or knowing about any of the above
All alleged instances of misconduct will be treated in a fair and timely manner. Procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct, including the appeals process, ensure due process and are fundamental to the student integrity process.
For more information, read the Student Integrity Process section of the Student Handbook.
Report a Violation of the Code of Conduct
Submit reports of alleged violations of the code of conduct to the director of Student Integrity.
To adjudicate and/or report alleged violations of academic dishonesty, faculty should use the Faculty Adjudication Form (PDF).