Grizzly Dining provides you with convenient, campus dining choices. There's lots of options and all venues accept your Claw Card funds (Munch Money, Bear Bucks and Cave Cash).
- Dining Hall, Student Center
- Chick-fil-A, Food Court, Building A
- The General Store, Food Court, Building A
- GGC Café, Building B
- Starbucks, Kaufman Library
Grizzly Dining Health and Wellness
To BeWell, we believe that good food is essential to a healthy life. Learn more about the delicious and nutritious BeWell wellness approach to your menu choices.
Your Choices, Defined.
Meal Plans for Resident Students and Commuter Students
Meal Plans offer discounted package plans each semester. Selecting a meal plan is required for resident students, and choices are also available for commuter students.
- Selection/changes are available up to the first five days of each semester.
- Upgrades are available through add/drop.
- Additional funds may be added to your Cave Cash at any time.
- Find dates on the Academic Calendar.
Access Plans (meals per week) are visits to the all-you-can-eat Dining Hall. These meals repeat/reset every week and unused meals during this week are forfeited.
Block Plans allow students to purchase a set number of meals to use any time over the course of the semester at the Dining Hall. All meals are per semester and do not roll over to the next semester. Remaining purchased meals at the end of each semester are removed from your account on or around the last day of the semester.
Resident students benefit from additional spending options with a meal plan that includes Munch Money. Purchase food at any retail brand or bring guests to the Student Center Dining Hall using Munch Money. Because Munch Money is rolled into a meal plan, it’s not subject to sales tax. All meals on the plans are per semester and do not roll over to the next semester. However, the remainder of your Munch Money will roll over from fall to spring semester and spring to summer semester. At the end of summer semester, any unused Munch Money will expire after final exams when resident students are required to vacate student housing.
Bear Bucks are an addition to the meal plan that allows students to purchase food items at retail venues or the Dining Hall. Bear Bucks are taxable funds. These funds do not roll over from semester to semester. Unused funds $25 and over will be subject to automatic removal from the Claw Card and placed back on the student's account as a credit at the end of each semester.
Meal Exchange is temporarily suspended during modified operations.
Cave Cash funds can be used campus-wide at food venues and vending machines where Claw Cards are accepted. Adding Cave Cash to your card is voluntary and deposits can be made in any denomination. These funds do not expire. They roll over from semester to semester and from year to year until you are no longer a student. Once you are no longer a student, the money is applied back to your Grizzly Den within Banner account and is returned if there is no outstanding balance owed to the College for tuition, fees or fines.
Also view "Add Money and Check Claw Card Balances," below.
- Faculty, staff and students can check balances and add funds in real-time, online.
- Faculty, staff and students can download and use the free mobile app:
- Use the PHIL Machine to deposit Cave Cash, located in the Building B, Library, Building 1000 (student housing) and the Student Center. Machine takes cash only.
- Friends and family may also deposit money online, using the student beneficiary's name and student ID (customer number). Students are responsible for spending from any deposits.
Meal Plan rates are approved by the Board of Regents. Munch Money plans are tax exempt and cannot be traded, sold or transferred to a third party. Remaining Bear Bucks balances over $25 are returned to students' Grizzly Den within Banner accounts at the end of the semester. Meal Plan holders may pay for guests using Munch Money, Bear Bucks, Cave Cash, debit/credit or cash at the Dining Hall door price.
NOTE: Report vending problems to 678.407.5529, and visit the Claw Card office in the event of a malfunction needing a refund.
Vending machines stocked with drinks, snacks, frozen foods and bookstore supplies are conveniently located throughout campus. There are nearly 70 vending machines on campus. At least one machine in each building accepts Cave Cash from your Claw Card, all accept cash or credit/debit cards.
- Credit/debit cards used for purchase (without a cashier), policy dictates that an amount to cover the highest price vending item will be authorized before purchase. The remaining balance will be credited back to your account based on your bank card policies. This procedure applies every time a card is swiped. In short, the length of time the money is held in a “pending” state depends on your bank procedures.
- Credit/debit card charges may be up to $0.10 higher than the cash price displayed.*
- Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and snack vending machines accept cash and credit/debit cards, some even accept Cave Cash as well.
- The bookstore supplies machines accept cash and credit/debit cards and are located in the Kaufman Library and Building A lobby.
- The frozen food machine accepts cash and credit/debit cards and is located in Residence Life 1000, first floor.
*Vending Machines are provided by Gilly Vending. USA Technologies processes credit/debit card transactions. Campus vending is managed by GGC's Auxiliary Services.