Dr. Hasan Uvet
Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management
Dr. Hasan Uvet received his doctorate in business logistics systems from the University of North Texas in 2018 and is now an assistant professor of supply chain management in the School of Business at Georgia Gwinnett College.
Uvet teaches Transportation and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management Applications, Management Science, Quantitative Analysis for Business, and Statistical Analysis for Business. His research interests include supply chain resiliency, performance-based contracting, logistics service quality and supply chain collaboration.
During his professional career, he served as an officer in the Turkish Army Forces for twelve years, as an assistant professor at Savannah State University for one year, as well as a graduate research and graduate teaching assistant/fellow at the University of North Texas.
- Doctorate – business, logistics systems – University of North Texas
- Master's – national and international security strategy management and leadership – Army War College
- Bachelor's – system engineering concentration in business administration – Turkish Military Academy
- Logistics and transportation management
- Operations management
- Business analytics
- Cevikparmak, S., Celik, H., Adana, S., Uvet, H., Sauser, B., Nowicki D. N. (2022). "Scale Development and Validation of Transaction Cost Economics Typology for Contracts: A Systems Thinking Approach," Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
- Uvet, H., Celik, H., Cevikparmak, S., Adana, S. and Idug, Y. (2022). "Decreasing e-waste through reliability enhancement encouraged by performance-based contracting," International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
- Dickens, J., Anderson, J. A., Reiman, A., Uvet, H., and Nowicki, D. N. (2021). "Supply chain resilience: an empirical examination of the bouncing back or forward phenomenon," International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 1-21.
- Uvet, H., Celik, H., Cevikparmak, S. and Adana, S. (2021). "Supply chain collaboration in performance-based contracting: an empirical study," International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 70 No. 4, 769-788.
- Uvet, H. (2020). "Importance of Logistics Service Quality in Customer Satisfaction: An Empirical Study," Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 13(1), 1-10.
- Uvet, H., Celik, H., & Kucuk, C. (2019). "Understanding the Impacts of Length of the Contract and Fleet Size on Spare Parts Level and Reliability Investments in Performance-based Contracting," Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 12(4), 225-236.
- Decision Science Institute
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals