Dr. Jeff Pasley
Associate Professor of Exercise ScienceDownload vCard
Dr. Jeff Pasley earned his bachelor’s in psychology from Ohio University, master of science in exercise and sports sciences from the University of Florida, and doctoral degree from the University of Georgia. Pasley completed postdoctoral stints in research at the University of Georgia (1 year) and the University of Minnesota Duluth Medical School (3 years) where he was a postdoctoral scholar through the NIH Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA).
His research work has focused on better understanding pain in numerous contexts (muscle pain, effects of sweet taste on pain, chronic pain – fibromyalgia) and the effects of exercise on mental health.
He teaches anatomy and physiology, and exercise and sport psychology, among others in exercise science. Pasley is passionate about mentoring students to assist them in living their dreams.
Currently, he lives in Athens with his wife and son and enjoys live music and visiting the Golden Isles of Georgia.
- Doctorate – exercise science – University of Georgia
- Master's – exercise science – University of Florida
- Bachelor's – psychology – Ohio University
- Delayed onset muscle soreness and musculoskeletal pain
- Psychological and nociceptive consequences of exercise
- Psychophysiological and pain measurement