Ms. Katherine Balsley
Associate Professor of FilmDownload vCard
Kate Balsley was born into a family of artists and had an interest in cinema from a young age.
Her narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films have been exhibited throughout the world in venues such as the Museum of the Moving Image, the Anthology Film Archives, the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston and the Museum of Modern Art in Rio de Janeiro. Her work has also been screened locally around Georgia and the Southeastern United States, including the Atlanta Film Festival.
Her awards include the Best Experimental Award from the Athens International Film and Video Festival and a Jury Award from the Black Maria Film and Video Festival.
- Master's of Fine Arts – mass communication and media arts – Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- Bachelor's – film – University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Narrative, animated, documentary and experimental film
- Film and television studies
- University of Film and Video Association
- Alliance of Women Directors