Become a Grizzly Orientation Leader
Orientation leaders enthusiastically demonstrate their Grizzly pride while assisting new Grizzlies transition into and get the most out of their GGC experience.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Grizzly Orientation leader. New Student Connections annually selects orientation leaders to serve as resources, facilitators and official representatives of the college during Grizzly Orientation. The application period opens near the end of each fall semester.
Benefits of Becoming a Grizzly Orientation Leader
- Enhance public speaking, leadership and group facilitation skills.
- Strengthen your resume with relevant, on-campus job experience.
- Network with GGC offices and community partners.
- Grow your circle of friends and study-buddies.
- Get paid, plus receive GGC swag!
Orientation Leader Responsibilities
- Welcome new students (and their guests) to GGC during Grizzly Orientation.
- Facilitate small group discussions and show groups around campus.
- Assist advisors and faculty mentors during course registration.
- Prepare and organize materials prior to each orientation event.
- Attend all training and Grizzly Orientation events.
Orientation Leader Qualifications
- Undergraduate, degree-seeking student who has completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at GGC
- In good academic and disciplinary standing with the college
- Minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- At least two semesters remaining at GGC at start of employment (excluding summer)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a team-oriented attitude and willingness to learn