Amazon Career Choice
Amazon Career Choice is an education benefit that empowers employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere.
Amazon Career Choice meets individual learners where they are on their education journey through a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including full college tuition and industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs.
- Apply for GGC admission: Amazon employees must apply and/or enroll to GGC as the first step.
- Enroll in Amazon Career Choice: Once enrolled at GGC, Amazon employees will then access the Amazon Career Choice portal, and select school and program to generate pre-paid tuition.
Amazon Career Choice Data Points
- Amazon Career Choice launched in 2012.
- Program is live in 14 countries (U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, South Africa, Costa Rica, Slovakia and Australia).
- More than 50,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since inception (more than 35,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation and information technology are Amazon Career Choice’s most popular fields of study globally. With expanded offering, Amazon Career Choice expects employees will take advantage of a variety of programs.
- In addition to funding associate and bachelor’s degrees, Amazon’s Career Choice will also fund industry certifications for in-demand jobs.
- More than half of Amazon’s participants identify as Black, Hispanic or Native American.
- Amazon has more than 110 on-site Career Choice classrooms in fulfillment centers across the U.S., and more than 20 in Europe.
The educators in the Amazon Career Choice partner network deliver on Amazon’s commitment to provide hourly employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, the Amazon Career Choice partner network is committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources and continuous improvements to the student experience.