All GGC students benefit from a range of services and programs available from the Student Success Advising Center.
Advising from Student Success Advisors
Student Success advisors coach students enrolled in Student Success classes, including English for Academic Purposes (EAP), English, and math.
The Student Success Advising Center offers the following services:
- Quality educational advisement on topics such as testing and course placement
- Academic planning: programs of study, course prerequisites and graduation requirements
- Targeted skills development
- Information about appropriate campus resources and services
- Participation in the Grizzly Renewal Opportunity Workshop (GROW)
- Clarification of academic policies and guidelines required by GGC and the Board of Regents
In-Person Drop-in SES Advising
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Get quick answers to questions or concerns – usually requiring a 15-minute session or less
Virtual Drop-in SES Advising
Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Get quick answers to questions or concerns – usually requiring a 15-minute session or less – using virtual drop-in advising.
Examples for Virtual Drop-in Advising
- Adding or dropping a course
- Withdrawing from a course
- Declaring or changing a major or minor
- Identifying campus resources
- Understanding account holds
Appointment SES Advising
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Examples Requiring Appointments
- Academic success coaching
- Academic concerns
- Interpreting DegreeWorks
- Future semester planning
- Course registration
- Major exploration
- Course placement
- Academic opportunities and support
- Academic self-assessment
- Graduation requirements
- Academic policies
Student Planning Tools
Chart your four-year schedule of courses.Academic Maps
Engage in your college experience.Mentoring Milestones
Track program requirements and progress.Program Plans