Hispanic Achievers Committed to Excellence in Results (HACER) is a living-learning community designed to provide needed support for students on the path to graduation, while living on campus in GGC's suite-style housing.
Benefits of Joining
- Share classes and experiences with students who have similar interests.
- Grow with other members of the community, while learning about and celebrating Hispanic/Latinx heritage and culture.
- Enhance learning with peers, faculty and the diverse GGC and Gwinnett County communities.
Learning Opportunities Beyond HACER
- Take intermediate Spanish as an elective to improve written and oral Spanish skills.
- Study abroad opportunity in Latin America as part of the learning community experience.
- Earn a Latin American studies certificate, which can improve employment opportunities by enhancing expertise in Latin America and Spanish.
- Participate in GGC's Hispanic Organization for Growth, Advancement and Retention (HOGAR), a special family engagement program.
- Get involved and learn more about registered student organizations like Organization of Latin American Students (OLAS).