The Claw Card is the GGC Community’s key to campus. It is your official Georgia Gwinnett College identification card and with it you can access services, events and make purchases on campus without having to carry cash.
Where to Use Your Claw Card
- Dining Services – accepted all over campus at all dining venues
- Vending – several vending machines accept Claw Cards (see note, below)
- Printing and Copies – in the Kaufman Library, Information Commons, and more
- Library Card – use it to check out books
- Wellness and Recreation – it's your membership card to workout, participate in intramural sports, and more
- Student housing – it's your entrance card for student housing
- Bookstore – use it to make purchases, online and in-store
NOTE: Report vending problems to 678.407.5529, and visit the Claw Card office in the event of a malfunction needing a refund.
Get Your Claw Card
- Most students receive their first Claw Card during Grizzly Orientation.
- You must present a government-issued picture ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, etc.) to receive your Claw Card.
- If you have not received your Claw Card during Grizzly Orientation, you can pick it up in the Claw Card Office.
Financial Aid Book Advance (FABA)
Depending on your financial aid, you may be issued a FABA to your Bookstore account. Student Accounts will place these funds on your Claw Card to be used at the GGC Bookstore.Learn more about FABA
Access Plans (Meals per Week)
Access Plans (meals per week) are visits to the all-you-can-eat Dining Hall. These meals repeat/reset every week and unused meals during this week are forfeited.
Block Plans allow students to purchase a set number of meals to use any time over the course of the semester at the Dining Hall. All meals are per semester and do not roll over to the next semester. Remaining purchased meals at the end of each semester are removed from your account on or around the last day of the semester.
Students benefit from additional spending options when they select meal plans that include Munch Money. Purchase food at any retail brand or bring guests to the Student Center Dining Hall using Munch Money. Because Munch Money is rolled into a meal plan, it’s not subject to sales tax. All meals on the plans are per semester and do not roll over to the next semester. However, the remainder of your Munch Money will roll over from fall to spring semester and spring to summer semester. At the end of summer semester, any unused Munch Money will expire after final exams when resident students are required to vacate student housing.
Bear Bucks are an addition to the meal plan that allows students to purchase food items at retail venues or the Dining Hall. Bear Bucks are taxable funds. These funds do not roll over from semester to semester. Unused funds $25 and over will be subject to automatic removal from the Claw Card and placed back on the student's account as a credit at the end of each semester.
Meal Exchange (ME)
Students participating in meal plans can exchange one meal-swipe a day from the Dining Hall and use it at another campus dining venue. Locations vary. Please look for the ME sign by the register.
Cave Cash funds can be used campus-wide at food venues and vending machines where Claw Cards are accepted. Adding Cave Cash to your card is voluntary and deposits can be made in any denomination. These funds do not expire. They roll over from semester to semester and from year to year until you are no longer a student. Once you are no longer a student, the money is applied back to your Banner account and is returned if there is no outstanding balance owed to the College for tuition, fees or fines.
Also view "Add Money and Check Claw Card Balances," below.
Add Money and Check Claw Card Balances
To see the funds you have on your Claw Card, please log on to MyGGC (login required) and click on the "Claw Card" tab at the top.
Adding Cave Cash or Munch Money to your Claw Card can be done in the following ways.
- Faculty, staff and students can deposit money, in real-time, via MyGGC (login required) or using a free mobile app. Download eAccounts Mobile from Blackboard on iTunes App Store or Transact eAccounts from Blackboard on Google Play.
- Use the PHIL Machine to deposit Cave Cash, located in the Building B, Building 1000 (student housing) and the Student Center. Machine takes cash only.
- Visit Student Accounts, in person. Payments in cash and/or by credit card are accepted. (Takes up to 24 hours to upload.)
- Friends and family may also deposit money online, using the student beneficiary's name and student ID (customer number).
Conditions of Claw Card Use
- Your Claw Card is the property of Georgia Gwinnett College; you must carry it at all times while on Georgia Gwinnett College property, and present it upon request to any college official.
- The card is not transferable; if you allow another person to use your card or if you are in possession of someone else's card, the card may be confiscated, and both you and the other person may be subject to conduct or legal action.
- If you lose your card, you must report the loss immediately to the Claw Card Office, so that your card can be suspended. You will be required to pay a $15 fee at Student Accounts and bring the receipt to the Claw Card office for a replacement.