There are a variety of meal plans available to meet your campus dining needs. In addition, Munch Money and Bear Bucks can be used at any GGC dining facilities.
No matter what plan you have, your Claw Card serves as your meal card, giving you access to all the campus dining facilities without having to carry cash.
To see the funds you have on your Claw Card, please log on to MyGGC (login required) and click on the "Claw Card" tab at the top of the screen.
- Meals per Week are visits to the all-you-can-eat Dining Hall. These meals repeat/reset every week and unused meals during this week are forfeited.
- Block Plans allow students to purchase a set number of meals to use any time over the course of the semester at the Dining Hall. All meals are per semester and do not roll over to the next semester. Remaining purchased meals at the end of each semester are removed from your account on or around the last day of the semester.
- Munch Money offers parents and students added money to their existing food plan to be used for food purchased at any retail brand or to bring guests to the Student Center Dining Hall. Munch Money purchases are considered part of the student’s food plan and therefore are not subject to sales tax. All meals are per semester and do not roll over to the next semester. However, the remainder of your Munch Money will roll over from fall to spring semester and spring to summer semester. At the end of summer semester, any unused Munch Money will expire after final exams when resident students are required to vacate student housing.
- Bear Bucks are an addition to the meal plan that allows students to purchase food items at the retail venues or Dining Hall. Bear Bucks are taxable funds. These funds do not roll from semester to semester. Unused funds $25 and over will be subject to automatic removal from the Claw Card and placed back on the student's account as a credit at the end of each semester.
- Meal Exchange (ME) has been enhanced. Students can exchange one meal-swipe a day from the Dining Hall and use it in the retail locations. Locations vary. Please look for the ME sign by the register.
Students may only request a change in their meal plan selection within the first five days of the new semester. However, you may add additional funds to your Cave Cash at any time. Access MyGGC (login required) to add dollars via debit or credit card to your plan. Submit meal plan changes to the Claw Card office in Building E or Grizzly Dining in Building A.
All resident students are required to participate in a resident meal plan. The Meals per Week options are offered in combination with a Munch Money balance, as shown.Sign Up
|Meals per Week Plans||Total Price per Semester||Average Price per Meal||Plan Details|
|Residential Access 5 (open to all)*||$1,688||$5.55||5-Day unlimited Dining Hall visits per week Monday – Friday plus $300 in Munch Money per semester.|
|Residential Access 7 (open to all)*||$1,688||$5.07|
7-Day unlimited Dining Hall visits per week plus $100 in Munch Money per semester. (Default)
|Residential Block Plus||$ 1,888||$ 4.47||Residential Block 400 meals Plus $ 100.00 in Munch Money per semester. Users may bring in Guests using this plan.|
Summer meal plans are also available.
Flexible meal plan options are available to commuter students, as shown below.
Changes are available up to the first five days of school. Upgrades are available through add/drop.Sign Up
|Block, Munch Money and Combo Plans||Total Price per Semester||Average Price per Meal||Plan Details|
|Voluntary Commuter Access 5 Plus Bear Bucks||$1,688||$5.55||Receive 5-Day unlimited Dining Hall visits per week Monday – Friday plus $300 in Bear Bucks per semester.|
|Voluntary Meal Plan 60 Block Plus Bear Bucks||$475||$6.67||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive 60 Block meals in the Dining Hall and $75 in Bear Bucks per semester.|
|Voluntary Meal Plan 30 Block Plus Bear Bucks||$300||$6.67||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive 30 Block meals in the Dining Hall and $100 in Bear Bucks per semester.|
|Voluntary Meal Plan $375 Bear Bucks Only||$375||$6.50||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive $375 in Bear Bucks per semester|
|Voluntary Meal Plan $250 Bear Bucks Only||$250||$6.50||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive $250 in Bear Bucks per semester|
Guest prices for the Dining Hall are available. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Door Rate by Guest Type
- Breakfast – $6.75
- Lunch – $7.50
- Dinner – $6.75
- Brunch – $ 7.50
Students – $ 6.50
Faculty/Staff – $ 6.75
Cave Cash funds can be used anywhere on campus that the Claw Card is accepted, including food venues and vending machines. This account is voluntary and deposits can be made in any denomination. These funds do not expire. They roll over from semester to semester and from year to year until you are no longer a student. Once you are no longer a student, the money is applied back to your Banner account and is returned if there is no outstanding balance owed to the College for tuition, fees or fines. Cave Cash funds may be added to accounts at the Student Accounts Office located in Building D, or the PHIL machines located in Building B, Building 1000 (student housing), the Student Center or using the online eAccount.
Meal Plan rates are approved by the Board of Regents. Munch Money plans are tax exempt and cannot be traded, sold or transferred to a third party. Meal Plan holders may pay for guests using Munch Money, Bear Bucks, Cave Cash, debit/credit or cash at the Dining Hall door price.