Education Abroad at GGC
Grizzlies have traveled to Africa, Europe, South and Central Americas, and Asia.
One of GGC's missions is to increase the number of Grizzly students participating in education abroad programs across disciplines and expand student participation in a broad range of other international opportunities, including but not limited to internships, research fellowships and service learning. Internationalization is your passport to #GGCabroad opportunities.
Top 15 Reasons to Study Abroad
By now you have heard that studying abroad is a "life-changing" experience. How exactly will #GGCabroad change your life?
- Boost resume, professional potential and career opportunities.
- Increase earning potential for financial success.
- Broaden your perspective with diverse experiences and enhance your worldview.
- Make new, lifelong friends and network globally.
- Explore your heritage, the heritage of loved ones or a culture of interest.
- Dispel your own stereotypes and prejudices and educate others.
- Learn, brush up or hone foreign language skills through immersion with native speakers.
- Discover a new culture, including cuisine, customs, traditions, social activities and more.
- Gain independence and become more responsible as you navigate new and challenging experiences.
- Increase self-confidence, adaptability, problem-solving and other important life skills.
- Develop appreciation for home country and see your culture through a new lens.
- Diversify your educational experience in a unique learning environment.
- Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity before future obligations take priority.
- Access unique field sites and enriched educational opportunities at the host school.
- Last but not least, have fun!
Visit the Education Abroad portal to browse opportunities, learn more about financing your trip, sign up for an info session and more.