Vision, Mission and Operating Values
The GGC School of Business will be recognized for its quality undergraduate curriculum, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, and its devotion to innovative approaches to education designed to prepare diverse learners for participation in a global and dynamic workplace.
The GGC School of Business, as part of a diverse, access institution, promotes a high quality community of learning characterized by student engagement, faculty and staff dedicated to excellence, and continuous improvement in teaching, scholarship, and service. Our student-centered undergraduate program nurtures and advances critical thinking, ethical reasoning, global perspectives, communication skills, and business knowledge to enhance career readiness.
The Vision and Mission are supported by the following values:
- dedication to a collegial environment that encourages the open exchange of ideas;
- respect and support for diverse perspectives, experiences, and cultures;
- commitment to excellence and continuous improvement in teaching, scholarship, service, and student engagement; and
- collaborative engagement between the School and its stakeholders.
In fulfillment of the Vision and Mission, the School of Business is committed to the design and delivery of an academic program which:
- provides students with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary for careers in the private, public, and non-profit sectors;
- integrates technological advances into business education;
- provides an interdisciplinary approach encouraging breadth and depth of intellectual inquiry;
- prepares students for the challenges of a diverse and multicultural business environment;
- encourages ethical behavior, reflective thinking, and experiential learning;
- embraces a teacher-scholar model;
- encourages a culture of student-centered learning; and
- commits to maintaining AACSB accreditation through quality outcomes, assurance of learning, and continuous improvement.