Health and Safety
As part of its mission to provide a safe learning environment for students, Georgia Gwinnett College is committed to preventing sexual violence, addressing sexual misconduct and preventing alcohol abuse.
It is against GGC policy to engage in sexual misconduct / harassment. You may report any such incidents to Diversity and Equity Compliance, which coordinates the campus Title IX efforts.
Georgia Gwinnett College has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and sexual assault prevention, in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 700,000 students complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for incoming students, Georgia Gwinnett College requires that you complete EverFi’s AlcoholEdu® for College, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Students courses. This online education empowers you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
- AlcoholEdu® for College
Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you to reflect on and consider college drinking related issues.
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates
Learn about healthy relationships, the importance of consent and being a good communicator, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you want to be a part of.
The AlcoholEdu® for College, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Students courses must be completed. Failure to meet the deadline will result in a hold on your ability to register for and/or drop classes.
Steps to Enroll and Complete Courses
You are expected to complete the AlcoholEdu® for College, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Students courses. You only need one EverFi Higher Education account to access all three courses.
- Go to the EverFi registration website.
- Enter the registration code: 4096661c and click “I’m a Student” to create your EverFi account.
- Register with your GGC.edu EMAIL ADDRESS. No exceptions. Failure to register with your GGC email account will prevent the release of the health and safety hold.
- Register your name as it is listed on your student records. No exceptions.
- Complete Part 1 of both AlcoholEdu® for College with a minimum exam score of 70%.
- Complete Part 1 of Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates with a minimum exam score of 70%.
- Complete Part 1 of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Students with a minimum exam score of 70%.
- EverFi will send you an invitation to complete Part 2 of each course, 30-45 days after you completing Part 1.
Holds are processed and released within three business days after completing Part 1 of all three courses.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities. You may use the GGC Library resources.
- To avoid technical issues, please use a web browser released within the previous two years. Firefox and Google Chrome are recommended.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course or by calling 1.866.384.9062.