Everything you need to successfully start your GGC story begins with Grizzly Orientation.
Grizzly Orientation is a mandatory experience for all new incoming students (excluding post-baccalaureates, transients and readmits).
What to Expect | Find Your Date | Come Prepared | Parents and Family
What to Expect at Orientation
- Learn about the culture – get involved, make friends, navigate campus, policies and more. Explore student life.
- Discover academic resources and other support – career advising, wellness, tutoring, the Honors Program, and Freshman Learning Communities that cater to special-interest groups like first-generation students. Browse the full list of academic support and opportunities and offered programs of study.
- Meet other Grizzlies – faculty and staff answer questions to get you off to a winning start. And dedicated, knowledgeable Grizzly Orientation leaders serve as peer advisors to new students (and their families) to facilitate a smooth transition so you get the most out of your GGC college experience.
- Register for classes – friendly GGC faculty who mentor students and know their stuff.
Find Your Session Date
Registering for Grizzly Orientation pulls academic information from your application and asks a little about your interests to match you with similar incoming students for a customized experience. You will receive an email once orientation dates are open for your acceptance semester. Dates fill up quickly, so don’t wait.
Complete the following steps before your Grizzly Orientation session. Completing these steps ensures your ability to register for classes.
- Satisfy immunizations verification requirements.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for financial aid.
- Apply for student housing, if applicable.
Your college experience not only affects you, it affects your entire family and those closest to you. Loved ones support and enrich your college experience.
Find more information for parents and family.