Everything you need to successfully start your GGC story begins with Grizzly Orientation.
Grizzly Orientation is a mandatory, one-day orientation for all new incoming students (excluding post-baccalaureates, transients and readmits).
- Learn about the culture – get involved, make friends, navigate campus, policies and more. Explore student life.
- Discover academic resources and other support – career advising, wellness, tutoring, the Honors Program, and Freshman Learning Communities that cater to special-interest groups like first-generation students. Browse the full list of academic opportunities and support.
- Meet other Grizzlies – faculty and staff answer questions to get you off to a winning start. And dedicated, knowledgeable Grizzly Orientation leaders serve as peer advisors to new students (and their families) to facilitate a smooth transition so you get the most out of your GGC college experience.
- Receive great advice and register for classes – friendly GGC faculty who mentor students and know their stuff.
Registering for Grizzly Orientation pulls academic information from your application and asks a little about your interests to match you with similar incoming students for a customized experience. Start the registration process after your acceptance to access upcoming dates and orientation fee information. Dates fill up quickly, so don’t wait.Register for Grizzly Orientation
Complete the following steps before your Grizzly Orientation session. Completing these steps ensures your ability to register for classes during your session.
- Log into MyGGC to address any outstanding requirements. Get help accessing MyGGC (PDF).
- Satisfy immunizations verification requirements.
- Complete a FAFSA application for financial aid.
- Apply for student housing, if applicable.
Your college experience not only affects you, it affects your entire family and those closest to you. Loved ones support and enrich your college experience. When registering for Grizzly Orientation, add up to two guests to attend the concurrent, but separate, parent/guest session. There’s no charge for guests; however, space is limited.
Find more information for parents and family.Have Questions?